Heinz Tomate Ketchup is organizing a contest “your burger on the menu” (translated…) and I thought it would be fun to participate! You can share your extraordinary burger and if you win, your burger will be on the menu of Ron’s Gastrobar! The burger will be judged by Ron Blauw, a Dutch head chef and TV-personality, known for his cooking in the Michelin starred restaurant Ron Blaauw.
I created a delicious burger called The Italian Turkey Burger…I know, not an original name, but an original burger it is!! I used minced turkey meat with grilled zucchini and rocket salad which give it a light taste. The bit of cayenne pepper add a spicy twist to it…Simply perfect!!
- 350 gr minced turkey meat
- handful of parsley (chopped)
- 1/2 red onion (grated)
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp bread crumbs
- 1 zucchini
- rocket salad
- 1 big tomato
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 4 hamburger buns
- Put the minced turkey meat with the grated red onion, chopped parsley, egg, bread crumbs, salt and cayenne pepper in a large bowl and mix well by hand.
- Make 4 balls using bare hands and flatten them so they turn into burgers. Set aside.
- Cut the zucchini into thin strips lengthwise and grill them. Set aside.
- Cut the hamburger buns in two and grill them on the inside.
- Cut the tomato into small slices.
- Now grill the hamburgers.
- Put some rocket on the hamburger bun.
- On top you put a few grilled zucchini slices and then the tomato.
- On top of the tomato the turkey burger and finish it with a bit of Heinz tomato ketchup!