Ok, I made these cupcakes almost a year ago but I never posted them here…and since they are absolutely delicious I thought to share them with you…
Somewhat over a year ago I started to have a passion for cupcakes. It was in Curaçao where I got the idea to start dedicating to the decoration of these little, beautiful and yummy treats. Curaçao? Yes, Curaçao…..my dear friend (where we stayed during our trip to this extraordinary island in the Caribbean) showed me some of these little treats and I absolutely adored them. The fact that they are small and that you can decorate them in any way you like is perfect for me. A cake is so much in one time….these cupcakes are the perfect size to enjoy something sweet but without exaggerating. I simply fell in love with them!! So once home I bought the necessary stuff to start creating these cupcakes myself. And I made so many up to today…I even give workshops when requested and take orders.
These vanilla chocolate raspberry cupcakes are extremely good and not difficult to make!! And aren’t they also a treat for the eye?
What do you prefer…a cake or a cupcake??
Ingredients: (for 12 cupcakes)
- 110 gr. all purpose flour
- 110 gr. (white) sugar
- 110 gr. unsalted butter (softened)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 200 gr. dark chocolate
- 30 gr. powdered sugar (optional)
- 250 gr. fresh raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- Line a cupcake/muffin pan with 12 paper cups and set aside.
- Mix together butter and sugar until creamy.
- Add (one at a time) the eggs and mix well.
- Add the vanilla extract and mix quickly.
- Now add the flour and mix well.
- Finally add the baking powder and mix for another 3 minutes. Don’t over mix to keep it light and fluffy!!
- With 2 tbsp fill the paper cups until 2/3 full.
- Put the cupcake pan in the oven for 20 minutes until golden brown.
- Let them cool down on the cupcake pan for 5 minutes.
- Remove cupcakes from pan, and let them cool completely on a wire rack.
When the cupcakes are in the oven you can prepare the chocolate frosting:
- Break the chocolate and place the pieces into a heatproof bowl.
- Sit over a pan of barely simmering water (a bain marie) and allow the chocolate to melt, stirring occasionally.
- Let it cool down a bit. ( If you want it more sweet you can now add the powdered sugar)
- When the cupcakes are ready and cooled you can make the “chocolate swirl” on top of the cupcakes by using a piping bag with a piping tip.
- Place fresh raspberries on top.