photo from the internet
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL!!!! As I will be going to the Netherlands in a few days I’m not posting these coming 2 Sundays….sorry!
Only a week left and 2013 is really over! Wow, has this year flown by quickly…. I always find it a bit strange to say goodbye to one year and start a whole new one. Strange but also challenging for sure! Thinking back to all the goods things that came along this past year I decided to dedicate a post to it. Also 2013 has been a year with lots of new discoveries….delicious restaurants, beautiful new Italian fashion brands and of course so many amazing travel spots! Today I wanted to review my personal top 5 of best travel spots that I visited in 2013. Some were new discoveries some weren’t but all places have been visited this past year for it’s beauty!! Hope you enjoy it…
- Passo dei salati – Alagna. One of the most particular spots ever in a positive way!! Imagine you tasting the delicious specialties of the region Piedmont (Piemonte) on 3000 meters with stunning views! Simply amazing… I’ve been there the first time in 2012 but already knew then I wanted to get back in 2013. And it so deserves a place in this list!!
First photo was in August 2012, second photo was this year in July…note the difference!
Click here and here to read both my posts about this spot.
- Arco Magno – San Nicola (Praia a Mare). An extraordinary beautiful beach in the south of Italy, in the region Calabria. Not a very touristic place for non-Italians but so pretty and peaceful. Also this place I got to know in 2012 for the first time, but went back this year and showed it to my parents as well. And yes, it’s amazing how beautiful nature can be!! Look and judge for yourself…
Click here to read my post about it!
- Parma. A fabulous city I got to know for the first time this year. Lucky me!! So many beautiful buildings… The city is not too big which I love and has a lot of parks where you can relax when the weather is permitting it. (We unfortunately had 2 days of solid rain..argh!) And of course you get to eat the best Parmesan cheese and Parma ham ever!!! So worth a second visit…it definitely goes on my list for 2014!
Click here to see some more photo’s of Parma.
- Pré-Saint-Didier Thermal Spa. In the beginning of this year I discovered this ancient Thermal Spa located in the region Valle d’Aosta. Besides the surroundings which are absolutely lovely, this Spa is the ultimate way to relax completely and wow with such a splendid view. Such a fabulous travel spot that I recommend everyone to start or end their Italy-tour here!! No regrets I promise…
Click here for my post about it. Photo from the internet.
- Alpe Veglia. Last but not least…a fantastic hiking spot in the region Piedmont (Piemonte). Green. Views. Fresh air. Free. What can you possibly want more? Close to the swiss border you will find the Alpe Veglia which guarantees you a perfect day in the mountains!! I got to know this place only this year and we will definitely go back there in 2014! We could even buy freshly made ricotta cheese and yoghurt high up in the mountains on our way back… A beautiful new discovery this year that’s for sure!!!
Click here to read my post and see more photo’s.
I would like to wish you all Un Buon Anno Nuovo (a Happy New Year)!!! And that you will enjoy my Italian Travel, Food and Fashion as well in 2014! Thank you all for the great support you have given me the past year…you all are the best!!!