You all know that, for me, the best part of living in Italy is the Italian cuisine….I absolutely love it!!! That’s why I haven given you (once in a while) some tips on restaurants where you can have some really delicious Italian food. Real Italian food where real Italian people go eat… Every now and then I have also put some recipes on my blog of some yummy dishes to bring Italy at your home.
Today I want you to give my own top 5 of best Italian restaurants and top 5 best homemade Italian food that I have presented on my blog for the past (almost) two years!!!
Top 5 Best Italian Restaurants:
- Osteria La Piovatta (Piemonte). Even though I enjoyed all restaurants that I have put on my blog, this is (up to now) my absolute favorite!! Here you can read my blog post about it… A lovely osteria where you enjoy delicious local food in a beautiful mountainous area.
- Ad Gallias (Valle d’Aosta). We normally never eat in the hotel where we stay. Fortunately we decided otherwise this time when we stayed in Hotel Ad Gallias. A beautiful hotel near fort Bard where they serve excellent food. Both the hotel and the restaurant are an absolute recommendation!! Click here for the blog post.
- Trattoria dei Commercianti (Piemonte). Oh yes, we only recently discovered this marvellous trattoria in our town Borgomanero. Also here delicious local food of Piemonte which I’ve come to appreciate so much since living here! Click here for my blog post.
- Osteria Becco Fino (Piemonte). I love the colours in this osteria and obviously the food. The chef is most friendly and knows exactly what delicious Piedmontese food means! We’ve been there again on my birthday this year….and good as ever!! Here my blog post.
- Salerno (Campania). Last but not least, this restaurant comes close to heaven for those who love fish! Every year when we go to Calabria on holiday we drive to Sapri to enjoy the delights this restaurant offers. You can see here my blog post about all the fish dishes. Yummy!!
Top 5 Best Homemade Italian Food:
- Eggplant Caprese Salad. A creation of my love and absolutely delicious!!! Easy to make, healthy and perfect for lunch on a hot summer day!! Click here for the recipe.
- Fried Zucchini Blossoms. My mother-in-law is a master in preparing these! So once a year I go wild on these fried zucchini blossoms as I know I will miss them the rest of the year… Click here for the recipe.
- Beef-Carpaccio with Rucola & Parmesan Shavings. I’ve gotten to know this super simple yet tasteful dish when meeting my love and I’ve eaten it a “thousand” times ever since… Normally as a starter but often also for lunch. I simply adore this dish!! Click here for the recipe.
- Baked pasta or better to say Pasta al Forno. Yummy, yummy, yummy is all I can say about this…. The taste of pasta, mozzarella, parmesan cheese, ragù and béchamel sauce all together in one bite is heavenly good! Click here for the recipe.
- Strawberry Tiramisù. An exquisite dessert for spring or summer!! It’s very easy to make and the best is, it’s also perfect for children. If you want to impress your guests, this is your dessert!! Click here for the recipe.
To see all my recipes and restaurants I’ve visited you can click on “Index” on the top of the homepage!
Which recipes make it on your top 5???