RECIPE: PEPPERS & ZUCCHINI OMELETTE

Ciao a tutti!!! I’m back from my amazing holiday to the lovely island Curaçao. Two weeks of snorkeling with sea turtles, swimming with dolphins, climbing the highest mountain on the island, sunbathing on the beaches, visiting the city centre, enjoying all the bright colours, eating and laughing with our friends and so much more… I got back on the day of Easter so unfortunately I didn’t really celebrated it, but I do hope you all did!!! Did you all did the egg hunt?

Well I didn’t but tonight I’ll show you an easy dish with the eggs you found: Peppers and Zucchini Omelette!! An extremely simple dish that I love to eat for lunch. To be honest it’s my favourite omelette…

Ingredients:

• 4 eggs
  • 1 big or 2 small zucchini
  • 1 big or 2 small yellow peppers (you can obviously use also a red or green one, but I always prefer the yellow one for an omelette)
  • olive oil extra vergine
  • salt, pepper

How to prepare:

1. Cut the zucchini into small slices and the peppers into small dices.
  2. Beat the eggs and add the salt and pepper. Tip: if you like spicy you can also add a bit of chili powder.
  3. Heat a little bit of olive oil in a frying pan over moderate heat. I prefer to use olive oil over butter. It’s healthier, but make sure you use not too much!!
  4. Add the zucchini and peppers in the frying pan and cook for 20 minutes over low heat.
  5. Add the egg mixture and cook over low heat until the mixture is firm. Then flip it and fry the other side.

Easy right? You can prepare this simple but delicious lunch in no-time!! Buon appetito!

If you want you can also add ham/bacon cubes, tomatoes or any other vegetable you love to eat!

About these ads

Tags: , , , , , ,

Categories: Food

FOOD - HEALTH - TRAVEL

Subscribe to our RSS feed and social profiles to receive updates.

14 Comments on “RECIPE: PEPPERS & ZUCCHINI OMELETTE”

1. April 16, 2013 at 2:02 pm #

Did it get cold while you were taking the photos? ;) Looks so delicious!

• April 16, 2013 at 2:18 pm #

Hi Paula, it did actually :) but it tasted good anyway! Ciao ciao!

2. April 4, 2013 at 6:34 pm #

That omelette looks delicious, Letizia, and lovely spring colours. I’m glad you had such a great holiday. :-)

3. April 4, 2013 at 5:27 pm #

Your holiday sounds like it was wonderful! And what a delicious looking omelette… :)

• April 4, 2013 at 7:09 pm #

Thanks so much Meg! Oh and it was…now it’s raining outside and it’s cold so I long to be in Curacao again ;)

4. April 4, 2013 at 3:33 pm #

Welcome back, Letizia! Can’t wait to see images of your trip.

• April 4, 2013 at 7:09 pm #

Thanks Ruth! I wasn’t going to put photo’s from my trip on my blog (as my blog is about Italy) but I might reconsider as many are asking…

5. April 3, 2013 at 8:30 pm #

What a fresh and pretty meal! My dad and I used to make omelettes every Sunday morning after church; it was our little tradition. I grated the cheese and whisked the eggs while he cooked the bacon and the omelettes themselves. We always folded our in half and sandwiched the fillings in between, but I really like how you served yours cut into triangles!

• April 3, 2013 at 8:45 pm #

Hi, thanks for stopping by and commenting. Appreciate it!! Yummy with grated cheese, I sometimes add that too to my omelette. And folded like a sandwich is also a good way of serving I must admit :D HAve a lovely evening!! Ciao!

• April 3, 2013 at 8:51 pm #

My pleasure! I’d still like to try your way the next time we make omelettes. It’s fun to mix things up every once in a while!

• April 3, 2013 at 9:18 pm #

So true :D

6. April 3, 2013 at 7:45 pm #

Lots of tasty looking food on WP right now- must be the time of night? Such thin, civilised looking omelette! Sounds good.
    Curacao- how exciting!

• April 3, 2013 at 8:19 pm #

May everybody’s in the spring mood?? Thanks Jo :D Oh, and Curacao was really FAN-TAS-TIC!!! Wow, wish I could go back tomorrow ;)

Tell me what you think

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 1,543 other followers