Ciao a tutti!!! I’m back from my amazing holiday to the lovely island Curaçao. Two weeks of snorkeling with sea turtles, swimming with dolphins, climbing the highest mountain on the island, sunbathing on the beaches, visiting the city centre, enjoying all the bright colours, eating and laughing with our friends and so much more… I got back on the day of Easter so unfortunately I didn’t really celebrated it, but I do hope you all did!!! Did you all did the egg hunt?
Well I didn’t but tonight I’ll show you an easy dish with the eggs you found: Peppers and Zucchini Omelette!! An extremely simple dish that I love to eat for lunch. To be honest it’s my favourite omelette…
- 4 eggs
- 1 big or 2 small zucchini
- 1 big or 2 small yellow peppers (you can obviously use also a red or green one, but I always prefer the yellow one for an omelette)
- olive oil extra vergine
- salt, pepper
How to prepare:
- Cut the zucchini into small slices and the peppers into small dices.
- Beat the eggs and add the salt and pepper. Tip: if you like spicy you can also add a bit of chili powder.
- Heat a little bit of olive oil in a frying pan over moderate heat. I prefer to use olive oil over butter. It’s healthier, but make sure you use not too much!!
- Add the zucchini and peppers in the frying pan and cook for 20 minutes over low heat.
- Add the egg mixture and cook over low heat until the mixture is firm. Then flip it and fry the other side.
Easy right? You can prepare this simple but delicious lunch in no-time!! Buon appetito!
If you want you can also add ham/bacon cubes, tomatoes or any other vegetable you love to eat!