One of the first blogs I’m following is Elaine McCardel’s blog The Italian Dish. Her fabulous blog full of amazing Italian recipes and stunning photo’s inspire me every time I take a look at it. So when I saw the recipe of the Nutella Palmiers I just wanted to make that myself as soon as possible. And so I did! To make the palmiers a little bit different, I added coconut as I go crazy for the combination of chocolate and coconut! You can call them ‘bounty-palmiers’ like I do… But of course you can make them with any combination you like.
- Puff pastry
- Grated coconut
How to prepare:
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Spread the nutella on top of the puff pastry sheet.
- Sprinkle the grated coconut over half of the puff pastry sheet.
- Roll up the opposite ends until they meet in the middle.
- Cut into slices
- Put them on the oven plate and bake for 20 minutes.
And you’ll have some sweet palmiers ready in no-time! Thanks Elaine for this wonderful recipe!
Just a tip: make sure the puff pastry comes from the fridge, otherwise you won’t be able to spread the nutella on it or roll it up. It will be too sticky if you leave it come to room temperature!